Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2010 Study group
In tha case is there any chance that I could get a hold of the 2004 paper from someone, I got a nice letter from the IRSE last week saying "thanks for the exam fees, and we'll be sending the study DVD out in April".

Thanks
(19-02-2010, 12:15 PM)Alasdair Wrote: In tha case is there any chance that I could get a hold of the 2004 paper from someone, I got a nice letter from the IRSE last week saying "thanks for the exam fees, and we'll be sending the study DVD out in April".

Thanks

I'll put in the 2004 subfolder that I have created and in which all attempted answers should be posted. So far I have only been able to post the question paper unfortunately, but I'll aim to put the layout there over the weekend.

Frankly I don't feel that the response from IRSE is very helpful; they could at least have sent you the 2009 Study DVD for now. It won't be much different except that it won't have got the 2009 question papers (of course). If we are trying to encourage students to start earlier to get themselves better prepared then we should give them the wherewithall. Ask around- I am sure that someone has a 2009 DVD that they could lend / copy.
PJW
(19-02-2010, 12:15 PM)Alasdair Wrote: In tha case is there any chance that I could get a hold of the 2004 paper from someone, I got a nice letter from the IRSE last week saying "thanks for the exam fees, and we'll be sending the study DVD out in April".

Thanks

I'll put in the 2004 subfolder that I have created and in which all attempted answers should be posted. So far I have only been able to post the question paper unfortunately, but I'll aim to put the layout there over the weekend.

Frankly I don't feel that the response from IRSE is very helpful; they could at least have sent you the 2009 Study DVD for now. It won't be much different except that it won't have got the 2009 question papers (of course). If we are trying to encourage students to start earlier to get themselves better prepared then we should give them the wherewithall. Ask around- I am sure that someone has a 2009 DVD that they could lend / copy.
PJW
Thanks
(18-02-2010, 08:52 PM)merlin89 Wrote: Yes I'm all for starting with the 2004 paper

Anyone registered on the website as a whole can look at and post (including attachments) in the subfolders. You may be able to see them listed in small text under the Module 3 header but since not room to display all, as I add more not all will show.
If you click on "Module 3" you will then find them at the top of the new page, above the normal threads.

Note however that in these subfolders I have arranged things (assuming that I've actually done it right!) that your posts will NOT BECOME VISIBLE UNTIL a moderator allows them- hence if students post their answers early before the deadline (strange concept for some I know!) then they will not be viewable until the date at which we start discussing.

Feel free to post early, secure in the knowledge that others can't cheat from yours before they give their answers.
PJW