Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Answers for Control Tables
Rahul wrote to me:
Quote:Respected Sir,
A group of signal engineers of my office (including myself) are preparing for Module-3 IRSE 2008 exam. We are practising previous years IRSE questions related to Control Table and Aspect Sequence. But the problem is we are unable to know about our mistakes in absence of solutions to these questions.

Sir, if possible, can u please arrange solutions related to questions of Control Table and Aspect Sequence of previous years IRSE Exams. This will help us to prepare better for this exam.

Thanks and Regards,
Rahul

There are different railways and practices differ between environments and sometimes there are equally valid alternatives in any given situation. Hence I am not going to post my Control Tables solutions as model answers; this would send the wrong message that there is one correct answer.

However I do encourage you to post on the site the solutions which you have already produced and invite comments. You may have noticed that Alex has recently submitted to the Forum his attempts at 2007 Control Tables and if you have also attempted these you may be able to compare and contrast; some differences may be "silly mistakes" others may reveal "fundamental misunderstanding" but others may be equally valid / appropriate to other environment. I believe Alex has generally followed reasonably recent *but not absolutely current) Network Rail practice; please state your practices when posting (as you will need to do in the examination itself).

I'll be responding to Alex over next weekend myself unless anyone else does so prior to me getting around to it; a period of leave, working abroad and preparation for tomorrow's YM event have taken their toll on my available time at present I am afraid.

Note I did put information relating to, and some examples of several past year's aspect sequence charts in the Module 2 Study Pack (as was not included in Module 3 at the time that Study Pack was produced). You have not lyet et me know (from previous message re headway calculations) what the IRSE has sent you when you registered to take the exam; they should have sent you my module 2 Study Pack within the new Study DVD. However I am not sure that this has actually been issued yet as intended; there may have been a hiccup in the production process. Therefore I suggest you contact them to ask, but if you don't get any useful response then please contact me and I'll send you some stuff by email if your inbox can stand large files.

PJW
hi sir
i am also looking for some good material on module -2 and module-3
can you send me at mail id as you have written in this response.
my mail id is-shiv.mohan@atkinsglobal.com
thank you
PJW Wrote:Rahul wrote to me:
A group of signal engineers of my office (including myself) are preparing for Module-3 IRSE 2008 exam. We are practising previous years IRSE questions related to Control Table and Aspect Sequence. But the problem is we are unable to know about our mistakes in absence of solutions to these questions.

Sir, if possible, can u please arrange solutions related to questions of Control Table and Aspect Sequence of previous years IRSE Exams. This will help us to prepare better for this exam.

Thanks and Regards,
Rahul

There are different railways and practices differ between environments and sometimes there are equally valid alternatives in any given situation. Hence I am not going to post my Control Tables solutions as model answers; this would send the wrong message that there is one correct answer.

However I do encourage you to post on the site the solutions which you have already produced and invite comments. You may have noticed that Alex has recently submitted to the Forum his attempts at 2007 Control Tables and if you have also attempted these you may be able to compare and contrast; some differences may be "silly mistakes" others may reveal "fundamental misunderstanding" but others may be equally valid / appropriate to other environment. I believe Alex has generally followed reasonably recent *but not absolutely current) Network Rail practice; please state your practices when posting (as you will need to do in the examination itself).

I'll be responding to Alex over next weekend myself unless anyone else does so prior to me getting around to it; a period of leave, working abroad and preparation for tomorrow's YM event have taken their toll on my available time at present I am afraid.

Note I did put information relating to, and some examples of several past year's aspect sequence charts in the Module 2 Study Pack (as was not included in Module 3 at the time that Study Pack was produced). You have not lyet et me know (from previous message re headway calculations) what the IRSE has sent you when you registered to take the exam; they should have sent you my module 2 Study Pack within the new Study DVD. However I am not sure that this has actually been issued yet as intended; there may have been a hiccup in the production process. Therefore I suggest you contact them to ask, but if you don't get any useful response then please contact me and I'll send you some stuff by email if your inbox can stand large files.

PJW
Sir,

I have not yet received DVD containing course material for Module-2 and 3 Exams from IRSE. Our group is following Network Rail Standards for practising questions related to Control Tables & Aspect Sequence of Module-3.

The signal engineers of my group are mostly fresh Engineering Graduates with little or no past experience of Railway Signalling. We have gone through the basic principles of Control Tables & Aspect Sequence but unable to find sufficient examples similar to the level of questions being asked in IRSE exams.

So, is it possible that you may send us at least some model answers related to Control Tables and Aspect Sequences for guidance. This will help us to gain certain level of confidence. As advised, we will send you the answers of past questions for checking at your end.

Regards,

Rahul

PJW Wrote:Rahul wrote to me:

Thanks and Regards,
Rahul

PJW