Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Answer for 2006 Part A Q1 ROUTE & ASPECTS
Hello Peter,

Thank you for your preliminary reply to my answer to the 2005 Part A Q1. I will reply separately to that.

Interesting point you made about the GWR and I shall be mindful with respect to what I may say about GWR!

Please find with this posting my answers to the 2006 Part A Q1 which I thought I had previously submitted but somehow missed out.

Can I have your comments please.

As the exams are about a month away. I feel compelled to have lots of practice on past papers as doing so helps improve exam technique and tests understanding. Do hope you can spare some time to give your comments as well as welcome comments from anyone else who reads these postings.

Thank you & Regards

Attached Files
.pdf   Answer to 2006 Part A Q1.pdf (Size: 362.82 KB / Downloads: 151)
alexgoei Wrote:Hello Peter,

Thank you for your preliminary reply to my answer to the 2005 Part A Q1. I will reply separately to that.

Interesting point you made about the GWR and I shall be mindful with respect to what I may say about GWR!

Please find with this posting my answers to the 2006 Part A Q1 which I thought I had previously submitted but somehow missed out.

As the exams are about a month away. I feel compelled to have lots of practice on past papers as doing so helps improve exam technique and tests understanding. Do hope you can spare some time to give your comments as well as welcome comments from anyone else who reads these postings.

Thank you & Regards

You are dead right that the exams are now getting quite close and that practice is everything, so yes please do keep at it. I'll do my best to catch up and keep up with you, but I do have a number of balls to keep in the air!
Thanks again Peter!
alexgoei Wrote:Hello Peter,

Thank you & Regards

Herewith my comments on the first 2 of the 3 pages of 2006 which is all that time allows at present (I have actually checked all but takes longer to write up than do the CTs).

You seem comfortable with design of CT now- I think a few tweaks to column headings would clarify but overall design, widths of columns seems good and the utility of the Remarks column for "odds and sods" has proved itself.

Are you practicing producing the blanks "against the clock"- you ought to aim to get both the points and the signals done in under 10 minutes; I believe that the "simplified modified 11202" style can be done reliably in 12-13 mins and these should be that bit quicker. Whats your personal best in the CT Olympic race?

Attached Files
.doc   2006 CTs AG.doc (Size: 39 KB / Downloads: 131)
alexgoei Wrote:Thank you for your preliminary reply to my answer to the 2005 Part A Q1. I will reply separately to that.

Herewith the comments on the remaining routes: 171AM/W.

I have looked at 2005 but not yet in a form I can send you; I found out this pm that I am in fact working on a commissioning this Sat and Sunday in Derby so I need to drive up there tomorrow and back on Monday so rather puts paid to sending you more stuff for a bit I am afraid. Also aware that there is also part of 2003 still outstanding.
Still at least there is a bit more to keep you going

Attached Files
.doc   2006 CTs AG pt 2.doc (Size: 31.5 KB / Downloads: 97)