Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Signet Derby
Sorry, being a bit cretinous of late, can anyone tell me the timings for Saturday & Sunday's courses in Derby?
Mainly what time does it start?

I'm also assuming there's parking.

Out of curiousity why are so many signalling engineers awake at 06:12 AM [18] on a Tuesday morning, since that was the forum's highest usage? answers on a postcard.

Thanks in advance

Angie
Motty Wrote:Sorry, being a bit cretinous of late, can anyone tell me the timings for Saturday & Sunday's courses in Derby?

The only info I have seen is in the flier in the original thread

Motty Wrote:Out of curiousity why are so many signalling engineers awake at 06:12 AM [18] on a Tuesday morning, since that was the forum's highest usage? answers on a postcard.

Thanks in advance

Angie

The obviously check the forum at the end of an invigorating night shift!
Motty Wrote:Sorry, being a bit cretinous of late, can anyone tell me the timings for Saturday & Sunday's courses in Derby?

Out of curiousity why are so many signalling engineers awake at 06:12 AM [18] on a Tuesday morning, since that was the forum's highest usage? answers on a postcard.

Thanks in advance

Angie

Andy Witton emailed me today and was just about to send out final info; if you don't get tomorrow suggest you contact him. I think I know the answer but not 100% sure so will keep stum so as not to create confusion.

Have a look at the members' list Angie; a lot of people have not filled in their Bio section but some have and I suspect that a fair number aren't in the UK time zone- the most active student on the site is certainly in Singapore. Also even in the UK, not all signal engineers do 09.00-17.00; ever heard of the 24 hour railway? I have certainly been on the site from an NR signalbox after completing testing and staying on the operating floor to make sure all goes well as the rush hour starts.....but it would only be a Tuesday am following a Bank Holiday Monday!

PJW
Info from Signet:

Saturday times 1030 (PROMPT START) - 1730,
Sunday 0930 (PROMPT START) - 1500

Finish times might be flexible if sessions extend, or people want to talk longer, but we won't be keeping people locked in if they have a train reservation to catch.

There is ample space on site for car parking

Please bring with you:

Any preparatory work not previously handed in, to be reviewed and discussed during the weekend
Stationery and writing instruments
A positive attitude