Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2006 Q5 SIGNAL SIGHTING
This question was recently set at the York Study Group June session. Any comments would be gratefully received.

[b]

Attached Files
.pdf   IP M12006Q5.pdf (Size: 1.02 MB / Downloads: 125)
.pdf   JF M12006Q5.pdf (Size: 753.07 KB / Downloads: 89)
Hi,

I have also tried the above question and attached herewith my reply. Please also give feedback for my answer while considering the answers given by the members of York Study Group in the previous post.

Attached Files
.docx   Mod-1 2006 Q5-RB.docx (Size: 21.54 KB / Downloads: 78)
(27-07-2010, 08:28 PM)rahul_bhasin Wrote: Hi,
I have also tried the above question and attached herewith my reply. Please also give feedback for my answer while considering the answers given by the members of York Study Group in the previous post.

Oops, I forgot that you had posted this and only rediscovered just as I was uploading my comparison of the other two. I'll try to find time tomorrow and then amend accordingly. Sorry!
PJW
(26-07-2010, 10:58 AM)cgallafant Wrote: This question was recently set at the York Study Group June session. Any comments would be gratefully received.
On this occasion I decided to put my comments in a separate Word document and compare the two answers which actually turned out to be reasonably similar in their stregths and weaknesses.
I have tried to suggest the sort of changes that I'd have been looking for to have awarded higher marks in each of the sections.

See updated version later in thread
PJW
(30-07-2010, 10:40 PM)PJW Wrote:
(27-07-2010, 08:28 PM)rahul_bhasin Wrote: Hi,

Oops, I forgot that you had posted this and only rediscovered just as I was uploading my comparison of the other two. I'll try to find time tomorrow and then amend accordingly. Sorry!

See updated version of answer comparison

Attached Files
.doc   2006 Q5 Signal Sighting IP JF RB.doc (Size: 72 KB / Downloads: 101)
PJW
Some past paper attempts from the brisbane study group.

We've done Questions 5 from the 2006 mod1 paper.

Cheers,
Johnson.
(09-09-2010, 05:34 AM)hiteshp Wrote: Some past paper attempts from the brisbane study group.

Cheers,
Johnson.
The heading said Q1 & Q5 but only one attachment which is for Q5 only .......

Since this question has already been discussed in detail in the thread above I
PJW
(09-09-2010, 10:26 PM)PJW Wrote:
(09-09-2010, 05:34 AM)hiteshp Wrote: Some past paper attempts from the brisbane study group.

Cheers,
Johnson.
The heading said Q1 & Q5 but only one attachment which is for Q5 only .......

Having now been sent the second attachment which is another attempt at this Q5 and one for Q1 in the same paper, I have now printed, commented, scanned and pdf'd to attach in this thread and the other relevant thread .

==========================================================================

Two sides is certainly rather brief for a 30 minute question; however I guess that for the 2010 exam when have to do 3 questions in the hour then this would be about as much as could be expected- perhaps you were practicing with this end in view.

Gives reasonably good first impression since it is clearly legible, clear which part is being answered, concise, compact without woffle. Probably have benefited from being laid out with more space; page 2 better than page 1 in this regard.

Good that at start stated Queensland Rail practices; but a fuller sentence to give overview summary of environment would have been useful.

Part a
Asked for the competence requirements and hence identify roles; answer gave job roles and described their contributions to the committee. Obviously very much

Attached Files
.pdf   2006 mod1 Q5 LOsler.pdf (Size: 419.4 KB / Downloads: 72)
PJW