Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
About how to start the preparation
I, K.Raghava Kumar, AMIRSE joined newly in IRSE and i want to write the IRSE exam this october. Can some one provide me the information about the study packs. Is this packs come directly from IRSE institution once the exam fee is paid. Is these are really helpful and contains minimum basic information related with the syllabus and what more exercise to be done for getting passed the examination.
(15-05-2010, 06:12 PM)KonduriRaghavakumar Wrote: I, K.Raghava Kumar, AMIRSE joined newly in IRSE and i want to write the IRSE exam this october. Can some one provide me the information about the study packs. Is this packs come directly from IRSE institution once the exam fee is paid. Is these are really helpful and contains minimum basic information related with the syllabus and what more exercise to be done for getting passed the examination.

Your exam fee includes the supply of the relevant study pack. However, as I understand it at the moment, the ones for this year are not yet ready to be sent out.

The quality of the study packs does vary slightly depending on what module you are doing. PJW may comment on the M2 and M3 packs as he had a big hand in writing them. I have not see the one for module 4, but if you are serious about telecoms modules, it may be worth having a look at this thread and getting in touch with those who have expressed and interest.

The syllabus is available from the IRSE website.

The main purpose of this forum is to give people opportunities to receive comments on attempts at questions, or to discuss topics that the questions are looking to explore. Don't expect to find lots of model answers for you to learn. Even if they were here, it would probably not help you pass the exam!
(15-05-2010, 07:38 PM)Peter Wrote:
(15-05-2010, 06:12 PM)KonduriRaghavakumar Wrote: I, K.Raghava Kumar, AMIRSE joined newly in IRSE and i want to write the IRSE exam this october. Can some one provide me the information about the study packs. Is this packs come directly from IRSE institution once the exam fee is paid. Is these are really helpful and contains minimum basic information related with the syllabus and what more exercise to be done for getting passed the examination.

Your exam fee includes the supply of the relevant study pack. However, as I understand it at the moment, the ones for this year are not yet ready to be sent out.

The quality of the study packs does vary slightly depending on what module you are doing. PJW may comment on the M2 and M3 packs as he had a big hand in writing them. I have not see the one for module 4, but if you are serious about telecoms modules, it may be worth having a look at this thread and getting in touch with those who have expressed and interest.

The syllabus is available from the IRSE website.

The main purpose of this forum is to give people opportunities to receive comments on attempts at questions, or to discuss topics that the questions are looking to explore. Don't expect to find lots of model answers for you to learn. Even if they were here, it would probably not help you pass the exam!

Mod 2 I'd admit to, but not mod3- I think it'd have been somewhat different if I'd had a hand in it.
The mod2 pack is considerably bigger than the rest, since there didn't seem to be much publically available basic material to reference I tried to make it pretty much free-standing and useful for someone studying by themselves and does include a fair number of examples.
The mod3 pack is in my view more aimed at someone already having quite a bit of knowledge and therefore building on that to get themselves ready for the exam itself.

With the possible exception of mod2 don't think the stdy packs are in any sense text books- they are far more an expansion and explanation of the syllabus (which itself is freely downloadable from IRSE website), references to useful sources and examples of past questions on each topic with some past answers. I reiterate what Peter has said- don't learn these expecting the question to come up again. They are there to demonstrate the APPROACH to be taken for a typical question
PJW
(11-02-2014, 07:33 AM)safa100 Wrote: I want to give IRS exam in 2014. When to start preparation for it?thank you..

It is never too early. If you have not done much yet, think about what modules you are intending to do. The seven months between now and the 2014 exam is not a lot of time to start from scratch in a module for which you have no got much of a background (eg it may be tough to do module 2 if you have never signalled a layout).

I note from you bio, you have said you are thinking about module 1. This is probably the one module that requires the most rounded knowledge, so depending on how much experience you have, you may want to think on that again - there is no order that you must do the modules.