Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2012 Reults
Am I right in thinking the reults this year aren't going to be out until The middle/end of January?

Rich
(07-12-2012, 02:25 PM)Rich Wrote: Am I right in thinking the reults this year aren't going to be out until The middle/end of January?

Rich

I have not heard anything either way. Where did you find that? I would be surprised because they usually get ratified at the December Council meeting so unless the markers are not able to meet the deadline, I would be surprised if it was to change. In the past, post was an issue, but now that they are available by e-mail, the postie is out of the equation.

Has anyone spoken to the exam office about this?
I know that the Exam Committee last year felt under immense pressure to meet the deadline and have "protected their position" by declaring that they MAY not make the results available to Council until Jan. However I believe they always intended still to TRY to do so for Dec and my belief is that they will actually achieve- for one thing there were many "no shows" in London which has reduced the workload. I think that mod1 is often the bottleneck due to quantity; information that has come my way suggests: quantity down, but quality up.

Hence I would expect a "just prior to Christmas" notification of the results as usual, but no promises of course.

(07-12-2012, 08:02 PM)Peter Wrote:
(07-12-2012, 02:25 PM)Rich Wrote: Am I right in thinking the reults this year aren't going to be out until The middle/end of January?

Rich

I have not heard anything either way. Where did you find that? I would be surprised because they usually get ratified at the December Council meeting so unless the markers are not able to meet the deadline, I would be surprised if it was to change. In the past, post was an issue, but now that they are available by e-mail, the postie is out of the equation.

Has anyone spoken to the exam office about this?
PJW
The Exam results did go before Council today.
Hence I'd assume that the emails will be sent out within the next week.

Hopefully the IRSE will also be posting the 2012 question papers for downloading in readiness for those attending the Exam Review, which I understand is likely to be held on Thurs 7th February.
PJW
As a tester I should know that one should never assume. It sounds as if no-one with whom I have been in contact have yet got their results; I have no idea what the delay is. Just wonder if it is associated with some of the staff retirements that there have been recently (and so perhaps no-one's eye hads been adequately "on the ball" and hence it has got dropped).

There doesn't seem to be any announcement on the IRSE website (which incidently also hasn't been updated to reflect that the 2012 exam has happened and should now be looking towards 2013).

Perhaps candidates should each email the IRSE and ask whether they have missed out on an email, or when the results are due to be made public........

(13-12-2012, 11:00 PM)PJW Wrote: The Exam results did go before Council today.

Hopefully the IRSE will also be posting the 2012 question papers for downloading in readiness for those attending the Exam Review, which I understand is likely to be held on Thurs 7th February.
PJW
Actually it seems that results are now out.
Just been advied by a candidate that he has been written to (by which I interpret letter rather than email, although this may not be what was meant) with their specific result- which was 1 Pass 1, 1 Fail.

(03-01-2013, 01:27 PM)PJW Wrote: As a tester I should know that one should never assume. It sounds as if no-one with whom I have been in contact have yet got their results; I have no idea what the delay is. Just wonder if it is associated with some of the staff retirements that there have been recently (and so perhaps no-one's eye hads been adequately "on the ball" and hence it has got dropped).

There doesn't seem to be any announcement on the IRSE website (which incidently also hasn't been updated to reflect that the 2012 exam has happened and should now be looking towards 2013).

Perhaps candidates should each email the IRSE and ask whether they have missed out on an email, or when the results are due to be made public........

(13-12-2012, 11:00 PM)PJW Wrote: The Exam results did go before Council today.

PJW
Hi All,

I emailed Christine White at the irse as Peter suggested in his previous post. I have just received a reply with my results attached. Suggest others do the same if you are still waiting!

Jonathan speak
Actually it seems that results are now out.
Just been advised by a candidate that he has been written to (a specific pdf'd letter sent by email, rather than a "by candidate number" list of all results as last year) with their result- which was 1 Pass 1, 1 Fail.

Therefore hopefully the waiting is over for many, or soon will be.

Would appreciate hearing the results from anyone brave enough to share publically or privately
PJW
Credit in mod 3 and a pass in mod 5!!!!
well done; you're finished then!

there are a few slots in the shedule for the year, so you can come back and lead a session.

(04-01-2013, 04:34 PM)JonathanSpeak Wrote: Credit in mod 3 and a pass in mod 5!!!!
PJW