Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Module 5 Exam workshop in 2007
I am planning to do module 5 exam this year. I have heard that in 2007 there was a study worshop of some sort for module 5 exam somewhere, i was wondering if anyone has a copy of the notes from that workshop which will may be useful for me.
Also if there are any suggestions, guidance on preparing for this exam.
I will be very grateful.
Cheers
Big Grin
Aditi
See attachments: 4 files for the questions we attempted at GM Rail Day re point requirements/ maintenance, 
.doc   Answer to question B, points.doc (Size: 126.5 KB / Downloads: 70)
axle counter reset-restore, 
.doc   Answer to question C, axle counter.doc (Size: 100.5 KB / Downloads: 57)
signal fault tree / LED-traditional MAS head  comparison
.doc   Answer to question A, signal.doc (Size: 174.5 KB / Downloads: 66)  
and level crossing (AHBC) hazards.
.doc   Answer to question D, AHBC.doc (Size: 94 KB / Downloads: 49)

These have gone beyond in certain respects that which would be  achievable during the exam (this is explained in italic text within each);  tried to use as learning opportunity a bit more widely around the subject in certain instances to be potential help for a question having a slightly different thrust.

There was further supporting information (not well structured / organised but just useful stuff grouped together) on the CD-ROM; I'll contact privately as I can write to a copy but by placing the files here they are available to all.

Note that these were not exactly particular past questions; generally they are an amalgam of several such- further variations upon a theme as is each year's exam.

PJW

adikarina Wrote:I am planning to do module 5 exam this year. I have heard that in 2007 there was a study worshop of some sort for module 5 exam somewhere, i was wondering if anyone has a copy of the notes from that workshop which will may be useful for me.
Also if there are any suggestions, guidance on preparing for this exam.
I will be very grateful.
Cheers
Big Grin
Aditi